South Fulton Virtual Court
In court forms. The forms below are often referred to during the court hearing. Please wait to complete the forms when instructed as all forms are not required for all participants.
Select the correct form and complete all of the required sections.
South Fulton Municipal Court is virtual.
Attend court from work, home or school. All you need is a reliable internet enabled device, smartphone, tablet or computer. If you are not familiar with the Zoom application please be sure to get assistance or check out the instructions below.
If the date on your citation is now, click button to enter virtual court.
Virtual Court Frequently asked questions.
I GOT A CITATION HOW DO I GET TO COURT?
The link to enter the virtual court room on your court date is located at www.COSFVirtualCourt.com. Hit the "Enter Virtual Court" icon half way down the page. Use the Zoom ID for your court day and time. Follow the on screen instructions.
I'VE NEVER USED ZOOM AND NOT VERY GOOD AT COMPUTERS?
Don't worry. The program is easy to use and we will help you along the way. We understand that some people have technical difficulties. Please READ all instructions at each step. Here are some tips:
1. Practice with the device you plan to use to make sure you do not have any issues. If you have not used the ZOOM app before, you can use it from any smart phone, laptop, tablet, or desktop computer. Please watch this video for basic ZOOM Instructions.
2. Visit our virtual video page to get a preview of what will happen in court
WHAT HAPPENS IN VIRTUAL COURT?
You do all the same things in virtual court as you do in regular court.
1. You wait to be let into the courtroom by staff. When you first enter you wil be placed in a waiting room. That is normal - please read the waiting room instructions.
2. You sit quietly while other cases are being heard or court business is being conducted.
3. When your case is called you will receive instructions from the court or Judge.
4. You will address your case and then will be released from appearing.
HOW DO I ACCESS VIRTUAL COURT?
Via the virtual court website.
Download the ZOOM app to your device prior to court. It only takes a few moments and it is free. Make sure you can access Zoom prior to your court date.
WHAT IF I AM AT SCHOOL OR WORK DURING COURT?
You can participate in virtual court from anywhere. But please remember that if you were in normal court you could not be at work or in class. The court will expect your full and undivided attention during the court hearing. Court hearings can take up to 2 hours or longer so be sure to plan in advance just like you would if you had to come to a physical courtroom.
ETIQUETTE FOR VIRTUAL COURT
The rules are the same as general court but in addition remember:
1. Your camera must be on so that the court can see you. Make sure you are dressed appropriately. No hats or headscarves, low cut shirts, pajamas, etc.
2. No moving around during court, no driving, no eating, reading, use of cellphone, or other disruptive activity. If it is not your turn and you need to move around, cut off your camera for a moment and turn it back on when you are settled. Just like court, your case may be skipped if you are not "present" and visible for the court when it is your turn.
3. The hearing is recorded and others not in the courtroom may be able to view the proceedings.
WHAT TYPES OF HEARINGS ARE VIRTUAL?
- Plea & Arraignment
- Motion Hearing
- Trial Calendar
- Code Enforcement Calendar
For other general court rules and procedures go here.